Why do festival rides make me think of books.

 Why festival rides do make me think of books?

This thought came to me when I was hanging upside down on the famous fireball ride at Troy Daze. 

When I went to Troy Daze (on Saturday aka yesterday) I was very nervous and scared because I hadn't yet written my blog and had no idea what to write. So as I was standing in line for this ride called Fireball, it was not exactly a rollercoaster but it was close to it. The ride process is going in a big circle that speeds up and goes in a loop and backward and then forward and it keeps repeating in that same pattern. So why exactly did this ride make me think of books and English. Well, the process to be exact. You see when you read you go through five stages of grief and happiness just like with rides. 

Stage one:

You choose a ride. Like you choose a book. You choose by how the ride looks, the appeals of it like the lights and what people are saying about it, what are the emotions of people who went. Just like with the book you by its reviews and the appeals of the book like the cover and the pre-story. 

Stage two:

You are getting ready to get on the ride. the beginning of your reading book. You are overwhelmed with emotions you are excited but also nervous that you won't like the book. So you are sitting impatiently on the seat of the ride not knowing what it will bring. 

Stage three:

 That's when the ride starts with a jerk and acceleration as the ride takes for the first loop. The book is enjoyable as it introduces their first characters and the plot. So as the plot is twisting so does the ride. 

Stage four:

When the ride goes up at stops or has this slowing down type before the big drop. That's when the book starts to slow down on the plot and adds irrelevant information that has nothing to do with the plot and you are just sitting there getting bored. The book is just not interesting and the ride that goes up just doesn't give you the thrill when it's all slow. That is when most of us choose to abandon the book 

Stage five:

The ride resumes to its speedy glory and you get excited again as the ride regains its interest and twits. Thats when the book starts to regain its plot, the characters start to develop and you are very close to the final chapter is actually interesting. I believe that every time you return to the book it can actually be pretty interesting to try to finish it. 

Thats the stages I go through when I read the book. What sparked the idea to even talk about books. Well in English class was talking about why we lose interest in books. Stage four is when I lost interest in some book, it was either that the character just started to annoy me or that the book was filled with the most uninterested details. I am very much trying to get out of stage four on some books, and who knows if I will get the same thrill as at the beginning of the story. But hopefully, if I will then I hope I will be left breathless like from the ride.



The troy daze fireworks as I was standing in line for 30 minutes. Was it worth it? Maybe but not to stand in line for 30 min.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read or dont read? Thats the big question.

There is two point of views in my brain