Acknowledgment

 Acknowledgment

As senior year approaches the end, we will be on the new journey of starting adult life in a few days. 

I can't believe that exactly 7 years ago I was sitting in the kitchen in Ukraine finding out that i was moving to America. The young me who didn't know what to expect from a big country and new language. 

I want to acknowledge my fifth-grade teacher of my first American elementary school, Mrs Secor (i need to learn how to spell her name the memory needs to be clarified. I want to thank her for making me feel welcome in her classroom even though it was for a short amount of time, I want to thank every classmate of mine who wrote me a letter about each of them so when I came to the school I was more familiar with them. I want to thank my old neighbors who spoke the same language as me and never made me feel alone. I want to thank my parents at that time who made me read alot of books and translate them over and over until I could speak fluently. 

As we move to Michigan I want to thank all my teachers in my middle school who were understanding of my language limit and who helped me succeed in subjects that I was familiar with. I want to thank my two friends who are still with me to this day. Without them, I don't know where I would be and I am glad that I still have people like them who have been on my side for 6 years. As much as I want to thank my friends I want to thank also people who by unfortunate events didn't stick with me. The people who let me go taught me how not everyone is always meant to be friends with you and that not every person that you meet will like you because quote my mom "You are not a hundred dollar bill for every person to like". 

I mean life in middle school was tough, especially having an accent and not being able to form the right sentences, it was hard to fit in and understand social norms at that time. I want to thank again all the people who helped me through middle school who helped me learn and develop the language and who didn't judge me for my mistakes. 

And as my life started to get better with middle school and I was ready to attend high school in the same area, my parents job decided to move the location 40 minutes outside where we live, and thankfully it was Troy, an unexplored area where I was headed out mid covid. I mean moving to Troy wasn't the worst that has happened to me so it wasn't as bad. 

In four years I have drastically changed and in a good way, I have learned many new things about me that my past self wouldn't believe it hearing it right now. I want to thank all my English teachers,  Mrs Parks, Mrs Alio, Mrs Feldkemp, Mrs Rusk and Mrs Valentino English class has taught me so much in forming my own opinion and escpecially being able to format it in writing, my English wouldn't have improved otherwise if I wasn't challenged with a new prompt or a new book that is hard to understand even for an English speaker. All the books that I have read in the past don't compare to the books I have read in English class, books like Stranger were a real mind twister because of their simplicity which makes analyzing the characters much harder.  I want to thank my art teachers who have encouraged me to try different techniques and helped me develop and grow in my new skills. I want to thank escpecially Mrs Tuma who helped me with my pottery throwing. 

I want to thank my parents again because without them I wouldn't be able to come this far without the encouragement, They helped me a lot by realizing what I should major in or not major in and helped push me to the limits that helped me succeed. 

I want to thank my new friends and everyone who I have met in the different classes for the past four years, thank you for being amazing people in my life and I hope that I will communicate with you after high school. 



Thank you to everyone that have been in my life. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read or dont read? Thats the big question.

Why do festival rides make me think of books.

There is two point of views in my brain