It has been a while

 Catch up day Wohoo


SO... Yay, we are back to blogging, I missed this so much. Anyways, let's talk.

"Know my name" is a book that I am currently reading. The reason I chose this book is because of my curiosity about the American court system and how society really is. 

When I was reading this book I experienced sadness, anger, and concern for how society so hypocritically reacts and blames blindly without actually knowing the reason. In the book, the main character gets sexually assaulted by a college student. Chanel miller was unconscious when that happened, when the police report was posted on social media, many of us would believe that after this awful event people would support Chanel. But, not everything is rainbows and sunshine, in fact, it was quite the opposite, the people were defending the assaulter, yeah, you heard me right they WERE TAKING HIS SIDE like I don't understand sometimes, all the evidence was pointing out that this dude who doesn't even deserve to be named in this blog, who casually says that "he doesn't remember " Chanel but for some reason, he "remembers that she enjoyed whatever he did to her" yet no one in the comments didn't even notice and when on saying how it's her fault for getting assaulted,  why was she even there if she is grad student,  and the most furious thing is that they are saying that She is the one who is ruining his life since he has a good reputation in his college and high school so there is no way he can assault someone.

People have to stop looking at only one side of the story, why should we shame someone for something that they can't control, why do people have to protect someone just because they have a good reputation, and why can't people educate themselves before judging others.  This book makes me feel so bad for the author that went through so much and people have chosen to believe a human who so casually gets away because the only thing he is good at is having a reputation and not being a good human.

I feel like if i read more of this book I will cry and yell at this because of how angry and sad it makes me, WHY are PEOPLE SO DUMB, I just feel like it's so unfair living in America knowing that as soon as something happens how quickly people can change sides that are against you just because the other person has a good reputation.

I remembered that one tick toker was arrested for murdering a woman with a three-month-old baby when he was driving 89 miles per hour in the town, and everyone started to defend him just because he is good-looking and "felt bad", thats how sickening our society is. SO please before thinking oh he is not bad etc because he or she is good-looking or has a good reputation doesnt mean that it declines their action as a person.

Sometimes I lose hope in society.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read or dont read? Thats the big question.

Why do festival rides make me think of books.

There is two point of views in my brain