Great gastby

Let's compare movie vs book

The Great Gatsby

I have wanted to watch a movie about the great Gatsby for a long time. It all started when we watched a trailer in class (since we are reading a book) I was very excited since it was starring one of my favorite actors. Since then I wanted to watch the movie just to see how much is compared to a few chapters and characters we have read in class. 

 

Let's talk about the casting of actors for the character. In the movie, Leonardo DiCaprio was cast as Gatsby. which makes perfect sense to me. Gatsby is described as a "young man, not overly tall, not short, not fat, but with tan skin and an attractive face" so Leonardo's physical charm and overall persona really suit to be gatsby. Leonardo is attractive he is not tall but not short but he is nice and has a good attractive face. Leonardo while playing gatsby has caught his mysterious yet attractive manner, the accent that the rich people usually have, and the "old sport" which just suits the way you think the character would sound in the book. Overall DiCaprio did a good job portraying a naive overachiever that likes to chase dreams that are yet to be shattered. And what's up with Leonardo and his toasts?

 

He should be with that glass

Tobey Maguire was cast as Nick Carraway,  which I think was a pretty good combination. Nick was shown as this character who doesn't really want to be in the situation he is but yet he can't really say no, in many settings where nick is he is usually this awkward and really confused I would say.  Tobey has a good job showing emotions like awkwardness or confusion which made him really blend in with a character and again really portray the character everyone was thinking about during reading.  He looks very uncomfortable.

why are you looking like this

Carey Mulligan was cast as Daisy Buchanan, which is probably exactly how I imagine daisy would look like, small, blonde, rich looking, adds to this perspective that women are weak in society and can't really do anything. She really showed the character that hides her true intentions or emotions behind her mysterious smile. She played a really interesting character that can't decide if she can break away or stay in a comfortable position. She also has an expression of a sad puppy for some reason. 

when i want chocolate

               Joel Edgerton was cast as Tom Buchanan. Perfect combination both are hulking both are mean looking and both are really rich looking. I wanted to punch Tom for the duration of the movie so Joel did a great job making the character very bad.  Like we said Tom is abusive and very I would say cheating persona so yeah he was greatly portrayed by Joel.


he be sus 

Meanwhile Gatsby

That's all I have I still really want to talk about the other characters because they were interesting. But I will talk about them later on in my blogs. Maybe the next one.

pls, tell me why my fonts are different.




 

      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read or dont read? Thats the big question.

Why do festival rides make me think of books.

There is two point of views in my brain